CONFLICT INTELLIGENCE QUOTIENT "CONFLICT-IQ™"
The missing piece to turbocharge conscious leaders' and organizations' emotional intelligence
WHY SHOULD YOU READ THIS BOOK?
Conflict Resolution is more than a soft skill to learn through videos and blogs. It is a deliberate and conscious effort that encompasses psychology, humanity, anthropology, and sociology. We meet and talk to countless people in our everyday lives, making this book even more important today. With the modern prevalence of conflict, there is no better time to gain conflict intelligence than now. This timely book comes with truths that seek to empower people in understanding alternative ways of handling different types of conflicts. It also illustrates how conflict resolution can impact an organization just as much as it does the individuals involved.
This book is for professionals who deal with people every day. Conflict cannot be avoided, but we should not let it escalate either. Professionals will see that conflict is not all that bad: with the right mindset and techniques, it can even improve relationships and organizational culture. With excellent conflict resolution skills, people can truly enjoy the communities they work in.
THIS BOOK WILL:
- Improve your perception about conflict, providing solutions to reflect leadership both at work and in life.
- Allow you to view conflict not as an end, but as a means to a better future. Conflict can be a new beginning, depending on how you look at it. By gaining conflict intelligence, conflict resolution becomes less daunting and more rewarding in both your professional and personal life.
- Demonstrate how conflict intelligence can improve the way you live your life. It exposes how we can become better individuals and improve our society. If 90% of people employed conflict intelligence, we would have stronger relationships and a more peaceful society.
- Show the role of self-awareness in conflict resolution.
- Explore the essential role your mindset plays in attaining conflict intelligence.
- Introduce different aspects of conflict resolution, including emotional intelligence and conflict intelligence.
- Demonstrate how conflict resolution go hand-in-hand with effective communication, which becomes useful when there is feedback from the other party.
- Illustrate how adopting the proper conflict resolution skills and techniques affects both the employees’ and the organization’s performance.
- Explain the need for consistency in the practice of conflict resolution techniques.
- Explore the different areas of conflict intelligence and show you how crucial conflict intelligence is to an organization and to your life.
MASTER COURSE – SOON TO COME!
This book will be a key part of a Master Course taught by Professor Yvette Durazo. You will learn a step-by-step process to become a Conflict Intelligent Leader, HR executive, and Coach in your organization.
Become a better leader yourself
The book uncovers various root causes of and solutions to conflict. The core of conflict intelligence is awakening individuals’ senses of unity, maintaining a conducive environment where all members can thrive and work in harmony.This book epitomizes and advocates innovative ways to solve conflict without hurting the existing relationships. It demonstrates that all conflicts are different because all people are different. Therefore, by learning about conflict intelligence, leaders and employees can creatively invent new ways of resolving issues.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Yvette Durazo is the founder of Unitive Consulting, an organizational effectiveness, strategic conflict management, and mediation firm which specializes in partnering with professionals and their organizations to develop the skills and attitudes needed for leadership, human capital engagement, and business improvement. Ms. Durazo has two decades of experience as a liaison for businesses and non-profits on both sides of the U.S./Mexico border. She shares her techniques and strategies as a Professor teaching courses in Alternative Dispute Resolution, Conflict Prevention, Mediation, Ethics, and Communication at the University of California, Santa Cruz Silicon Valley Extension, University of California, Davis, Portland State University, and National University. Ms. Durazo received a Master's Degree in Conflict Resolution, Negotiation, and Peacebuilding from the California State University Dominguez Hills and an undergraduate degree in International Businesses from the San Diego State University. She is also an Associate Certified Credential Coach (ACC) of the International Coach Federation. She was born in San Diego, California, and raised in Tijuana, Mexico. She speaks Spanish and English.